Great effort by our team today in the Barton Cup going down 3-2 to Foxrock. We won 2 at home and lost the third match on the 17th.
Congratulations to all on a great display.
Hugh Behan, Team Manager.
The 2023 Super seniors (over 70's) >>> Draw
A super performance today for the Pierce Purcell team V Castle GC, narrowly losing out to an ever strong Castle team, 2 & 3 defeat.
At home: Team Capt Jimmy Graham & Ray Dunne won, with Kevin & Hugh Behan winning the other home point, Mick O'Leary & Mick McKeown put up a strong fight but were just edged out.
Away at Castle GC: Simon Mulroy & Stephen McNulty ; Gary Phelan & Darren Redmond lost out to very good home opposition.
Some Notices for upcoming events include.
· Saturday May 20th is the 2nd Monthly Medal of the Season. Are you ready for Strokes?
· Wednesday opens are on going and it is a great opportunity to invite visitors to play for €15 and showcase the course. Ladies are most welcome.
· The fixture list for the year on our public facing website link http://www.bmgc.ie
· Inter Club competitions continue this month and we wish the various teams the very best of luck.
please see our blog on https://buttermountaingolf.blogspot.com/which has all the criteria required if you qualify to play on a team.
o Fred Perry for the over 55’s Managed by Gerry Brady V Lisheen Springs on SaturdayMay 13th
o Barton Cup Managed by Hugh BehanVfoxrock GC on Sunday May21st
o Pierce Purcell managed by Jimmy Graham V Castle Club on Sunday May 7th
· BMGC’s own internal club singles and Scotch Foursomes are scheduled for commencement in May. Brian Cruise and Bernard O’ Callaghan will be coordinating the above and the entries will be on the howdidido portal on Thursday 11th May.
The draw for the above will take place on Sunday May14th.A reminder for players who have yet to gain a handicap and wish to participate in this competition is that you must have 3 cards entered to secure your handicap in advance of your match being played. The round 1 deadline is set for May 29th.The guys will update the membership by WhatsApp, blog& the notice board
· There is a new Club website developed by the owners on the horizon which is likely to go live in May which will also assist us in centralising the messaging in time.
· The Committee are continuously reviewing with the course how we best manage Sunday Morning Golf.We remind you to book well inadvance to secure your booking on Sundays and we are really committed to getting increased activity on Sunday’s. The more activity we get on Sundays will increase our capacity for change. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.
· Codes of Ethics. The committee are reviewing a set of rules around the use of Whatsapp which will be shared with all members after our next meeting.
· The committee are also working on developing a clubcode of conduct for both on and off the course
· FundraiserThe committee plan to have a singular fundraiser this year.It will take the form of a raffle and we will be asking all members to try and sell 4 tickets. The raffle will be on presidents night (our only social of the year).More details to follow and tickets will go on sale in June
· The Committee have adopted Golf Irelands directives in that a member is not entitled to win the top prize on the captains and presidents day if they have not submitted 20 qualifying cards and have a full GUI Golf Handicap.The good news is however, that you will qualify to win one of the up to 20 other prizes on each day.
· Communication with Committee
If you have an issue or recommendation, we respectfully ask that you send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be addressed at or prior to the next committee meeting and responded to. We welcome feedback through this medium. The Whatsapp forum was never designed to tackle any issues with sensitivities attached so please use it for messaging, receiving club info and securing playing partners as required.
Keeping you informed.
David O’ Driscoll
> Click Here for main Draws Page < We are in the Leinster South Sections
Butter Mountain have a bye in Round one and will play Castle GC in Round 2
on Sunday May 7th, Team Manager: Jimmy Graham
Barton Cup: (combined 14 Handicap).
First Round match, Managed by Hugh Behan V foxrock GC is on Sunday May21st 12.00pm
Fred Perry Trophy: (over 55's)
Round one versus Lisheen Springs, set for the afternoon of May13th. Manager: Gerry Brady
Super Seniors (over 70's)
April 6th 11a.m.at home V Elm park GC >>> 5 - 0 win
April 24th away to Powerscourt GC 24/4/23 >>> 5-0 Loss
May 6th 11am BMGC 3 & 1/2 Old Conna 1&1/2 >>>Home win:
Results for Mar / April 2's Club: €30 added to electronic Wallet.
Note, any gross 2 (incl hole in one) recorded on the Howdidido App in a Saturday or Sunday Competition is included for a bi-monthly draw. In order to spread the potential winners, only 1 win per member is allowed. (Wednesday Competitions are not part of the 2's Club).
Yellow Peril Competition Stableford:
Use Howdidido Playing Handicap (=PH on label)
This is a separate Stableford and Team Competition, if the yellow ball is lost, players still play out the round for the individual prize.
A team that completes the full 18 shooting 34pts and returns the yellow ball to the Starters room would trump a Team that shot 35pts but lost their ball on e.g. the16th hole.