Just a quick note to keep you informed re Captains Day this coming Saturday July 1st
1. The format for the day is Strokes and as with all stroke play we ask you to keep play moving at a swift pace and be considerate of your fellow members
a. Hit a provisional if necessary
b. Never lose a hole on the players in front of you
c. Play ready golf
d. The owners have given us additional member tee times on the day and it is incumbent upon all of us to respect that and avoid slow.
2. The competition entry fee is €10 and please pick up your goodie bag before you tee off.
3. The Committee have purchased a perpetual trophy which will be presented on our Social night which I can now tell you will be held in the Spawell on July 29th (Presidents Day).This will be a joint social event for Captains and Presidents day and prizes for the presidents day will also be presented on July 29th as well.
4. Longest Drive will be on the 18th (must be on the fairway) and nearest the pin on the 14th
5. All other prizes of which there are many in relation to the day will be presented on July 29th .There will be no wallet updates
6. I will also be distributing tickets for our annual fund raising draw which again will take place on the July 29th. I am hoping each member will take 4 tickets and more if you can.
Above all I hope everybody has a great day for what is considered the most prestigious competition of the year. The committee and I will be up there on Saturday to ensure everything goes to plan and that all members have an enjoyable experience. It simply remains for me to wish you all the best of Luck.
David O’ Driscoll