Sunday 12 November 2023
Following November’s committee meeting I wish to send members an update from the committee in relation to forthcoming events, Inter club matchplay competitions, internal match play competitions, Facility improvements etc. Our job is to work on behalf of the members and to make your Butter Mountain Golf Club experience a very positive one.
Some Notices and upcoming events include.
· BMGC Committee 2024 and we wish them all the best for the year
o Captain George Maloney
o President Paddy Horan
o Treasurer George Maloney
o Hon Secretary Gerry Brady
o Competition & Handicap Secretary Brian Cruise
o Committee members Mick McKeown, Hugh Behan & Dave O’ Driscoll
· Playing conditions. Please check BMGC blog site for competition playing conditions and check your Whatsapp before you start your round to see if there are any further updates e.g :Overnight frost and you may need to play the first 6 holes on temporary greens
· The committee are ultimately responsible for the Whatapp group so some reminders for everybody’s benefit include
· WhatsApp Do’s
o Keep it to golf Messaging
o Engage with the membership to get playing partners.
o Ask yourself does your message need to be private or for all members of the group and message accordingly.
o Checking for playing conditions
· WhatsApp Don’ts
o Please don’t Share Videos
o Never get Personal with other members
o Complain over this forum, instead email the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Gazebo on the 13th /course
o It is the intention to move the Gazebo in time but not currently as the ground is too soft and also (speaking of soft ground conditions)
o Please don’t play off temporary Greens
o Please repair your Divots at all times
o Please repair your Pitch Marks
o Please use Paths where available
· Sunday Golf and starting on the 10th tee. This is allowed once no members are coming down the 9th fairway. We will monitor this ruling when better playing conditions prevail.
· GUI Can I ask all new members to check their GUI APP to see how many competitions you have entered. Please ensure that you enter 20 competitions for the year as this will
o Ensure you are eligible to play Inter Club Competition
o Ensure you are eligible to win the BMGC Captain or Presidents day.
· Fees We are advised that the fees for 2024 will be €650 which we believe represents great value
· Course Improvements. All members can see the ongoing improvements and more recent work has concentrated on Pathways,drainage and Gazebo’s. This again demonstrates to us the owners commitment to on going enhancements.
· Wednesday opens will re-commence in April ‘24
· The fixture list for the year on our public facing website link http://www.bmgc.ie
· There is a newClub websitewww.buttermountingolf.ie developed by the owners which will also assist us in centralising the messaging in time. If you have any suggestions for improvements the Ladies would love to hear from you
· Sunday Golf : The Committee are continuously reviewing with the course how we best manage Sunday Morning Golf. We remind you to book well in advance to secure your booking on Sundays and we are really committed to getting increased activity on Sunday’s. The more activity we get on Sundays will increase our capacity for change. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome .Currently the members exclusive time is upto 8am but you may book 2 weeks in advance to reserve your preferred Tee Time. Please ensure you book in on the BRS slot and Howdidido, mobile Apps.
· Communication with Committee
If you have an issue or recommendation, we respectfully ask that you send a mail to email@example.com and it will be addressed at or prior to the next committee meeting and responded to. We welcome feedback through this medium. The Whatsapp forum was never designed to tackle any issues with sensitivities attached so please use it for messaging, receiving club info and securing playing partners as required.
Keeping you informed.
David O’ Driscoll
Friday 3 November 2023
If your ball lands on the Fairway, Players have the option to move and place in the nearest side of rough, no nearer the hole. Placing everywhere within 6 inches. ( except Penalty areas)
- Domestic cuts are in play from November 1st, 2 shots for a win & 2 for each subsequent win. Handicaps are reset on the 1st of Jan 2024. All winners will have their wallet topped up by €40.
- * If playing numbers are low, the prize will be €20 & a -1 cut.
When playing in Competition, use your full Playing Handicap on the card as the minus 2 shots are calculated at competitions end.