BMGC News October 2023 4.10.2023
Following October’s committee meeting I wish to send members an update from the committee in relation to forthcoming events, Inter club match play competitions, internal match play competitions, Facility improvements etc. Our job is to work on behalf of the members and to make your Butter Mountain Golf Club experience a very positive one.
Some Notices and upcoming events include.
• Saturday October 7th is our final monthly Medal of the year.
• AGM will take place in the Old Mill on Tuesday October 10th .The Committee are asking that you make a special effort to attend. This is your opportunity to contribute and we need the views and ideas of the membership so we can work on your behalf.
o Nomination slips for Committee as well as motions to be put forward and voted upon are in the club and you can also email the above if you wish to email@example.com. The committee are always looking for assistance and fresh ideas and we would be delighted to hear from you.
• GUI Can I ask all new members to check their GUI APP to see how many competitions you have entered. Please ensure that you enter 20 competitions for the year as this will
o Ensure you are eligible to play Inter Club Competition
o Ensure you are eligible to win the BMGC Captain or Presidents day.
• Fees We are advised that the fees for 2024 will be €650 which we believe represents great value
• Course Improvements. All members can see the ongoing improvements and more recent work has concentrated on Pathways,drainage and Gazebo’s. This again demonstrates to us the owners commitment to on going enhancements.
• Club Jerseys and Fleeces. Amanda has ordered the above and she expects delivery in October. Thank you to everybody who has ordered the above.
• Wednesday opens are on going and it is a great opportunity to invite visitors to play for €15 and showcase the course. Ladies are most welcome.
• The fixture list for the year on our public facing website link http://www.bmgc.ie
• There is a new Club website www.buttermountingolf.ie developed by the owners which will also assist us in centralising the messaging in time. If you have any suggestions for improvements the Ladies would love to hear from you
• Sunday Golf The Committee are continuously reviewing with the course how we best manage Sunday Morning Golf. We remind you to book well in advance to secure your booking on Sundays and we are really committed to getting increased activity on Sunday’s. The more activity we get on Sundays will increase our capacity for change. Your feedback and suggestions are welcome. Currently the members exclusive time is upto 8am but you may book 2 weeks in advance to reserve your preferred Tee Time. Please ensure you book in on the BRS slot and Howdidido.
• Whatsapp Group is a very efficient messaging system and thank to everyone for using it specifically for Club related activity. Can we please ask members to minimise the chatter on it and reserve them for private messages as appropriate.
• Communication with Committee
If you have an issue or recommendation, we respectfully ask that you send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be addressed at or prior to the next committee meeting and responded to. We welcome feedback through this medium. The Whatsapp forum was never designed to tackle any issues with sensitivities attached so please use it for messaging, receiving club info and securing playing partners as required.
Keeping you informed.
David O’ Driscoll